Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wind day?!


We've heard of school closures due to fog, snow, and even flooding, but today school was canceled due to wind! A storm is currently battering Scotland with reported winds up to 100mph in certain areas. Both the kids and I had our school day cut in half, with a lunch time dismissal.  Seeing as Thursday is my most difficult day, this was an early holiday gift from Mother Nature! The wind is howling as we speak, but we're sitting around the table listening to holiday music and drawing Christmas pictures. Not a bad way to spend a wild and windy evening.

Will: "Me and dad were outside playing with a piece of tarp that would fill up with air without escaping. I dropped it and had to run after it until it practically ran into the street. I dove at the last second and just got it under my hand. Once I dropped it and it was 40 feet away before I took a step, and now its lost. Me and dad were putting in a lot of effort to even stand up"

Ainsley: "It was super windy and we could barely shut the door"

No comments:

Post a Comment